Company: Oswald Companies
Responsible to provide external support to clients for an assigned CONSTRUCTION book of business,
giving internal direction to the client management support team; collaborates with internal resources as
needed to ensure the client's needs are satisfied with responsibility for retaining existing business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serves as the key service client contact to identify, design, communicate and implement cost
effective Property & Casualty solutions to cover risk appropriately; includes pre-qualifying,
reviewing, identifying and procuring coverage needs.
• Collaborates with Sales / Business Development and Client Executive teams to support the
achievement of defined new business, retention and growth goals.
• Maintains a book of business by practice based on complexity and the servicing of client needs.
• Ensures all client service needs are delivered in a timely and professional manner including contract
reviews, exposure and coverage questions, proposals, binding communications, certificate
template creation and approval, etc.
• Works closely and supports agency relationships with appropriate client contacts at all levels.
• Directs the onboarding of new clients by collaborating with the Sales / Business Development staff
to obtain thorough and accurate information required for the established agency compliance
• Serves the Practice Leader, Team Leader, Client Executives and Sales / Business Development staff
in the development and implementation of the Oswald Companies Client Service Deliverable for
new and existing accounts; attends client meetings where necessary.
• Risk Assessment - demonstrates the ability to examine the operations of an insured and/or
prospect thoroughly, identifying the potential internal and external exposures that could negatively
impact their respective business.
• Marketing - compiles the appropriate underwriting information for a given account, and engages
the most favorable carrier partners to review/quote the necessary coverage based upon the needs
of the client coupled with our extensive knowledge regarding carrier appetites and relationships.
• Servicing - ensures the day-to-day servicing needs of our clients are addressed in a timely,
complete and professional manner, which includes but is not limited to certificate issuances,
endorsement requests, coverage inquiries, billing coordination, etc.
• Stewardship - coordinates team members in the preparation of a comprehensive list of services
rendered to a client in a given time period; concisely articulates the value of those products and
services to the insured.
• Loss Control - assists insureds and/or prospects to understand ways in which risk can be
minimized or mitigated and helps facilitates those services as appropriate.
• Remains current with respect to industry updates, carrier appetites and underwriting capabilities to
ensure optimal program placement and pricing negotiations for each client.
• Maintains favorable and productive relationships with all underwriters in support of key carrier
relationships to achieve best-in-class results for the client.
• Attains further education, coursework and skills development opportunities to obtain professional
designations in their field of expertise
Other Information/Requirements: Preferred Qualifications
• At least 3 to 5 years or more years of Insurance industry knowledge is required.
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Risk Management from a four-year college or university
• Prior Property & Casualty support experience is required
• Prior Property & Casualty client management experience is preferred
• Property & Casualty License Required
• CIC, CPCU, or similar P&C accreditation Preferred
• Intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, scheduling, word processing,
spreadsheet, presentation, graphics, routine database activity.
• Energetic and desire to learn new skills
• Strong organizational skills with ability to transition quickly from one project to another
• Ability to problem solve, think logically and work independently
• Ability to consistently demonstrate a positive attitude and lead by example
• Works well under pressure and meets established deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative approach
• Ability to think strategically and formulate an action plan based on a given set of facts.